Sunday, November 11, 2012

YOLO + Spa and Ramen on the Side

So. I mentioned in my previous post that I will be meeting my girlfriends for a relaxing massage and dinner. And indeed we had a relaxing massage and sumptuous dinner!

Our first stop: Nuat Thai - Kapitolyo, Pasig

(L) Gwen, Anette, Tita, Luisa; (R) Me, Gwen, Luisa
The place was quite hard to find at first. We had to make a U-turn because we went the opposite way. The place was quite small but it was cozy and the smell was minty - just the way I like it. My friends and I opted for a Thai massage with oil while Tita opted for a Swedish massage. We were then led to a dimly lit room and our feet were cleansed with lukewarm water. We each then had our own beds and we were asked to change into pajamas (Yay slumber party!). The 1-hour Thai massage then began. It was a new experience for me because I usually opt for the Swedish + Shiatsu massage. There was a lot of stretching. And by a lot, I mean A LOT. Good thing I don't have a stiff body so I tolerated everything well. We were then served with hot tea after the massage but it wasn't really that good. Hehe. What I loved about the massage is that it is really relaxing yet not so painful and you really feel recharged after! The other spa places I go to provide a pre-sleeping type of massage - the one where you can easily fall asleep after. This one gives you a kick in the butt. You feel alive after and you'll have more energy to do other things afterwards. Overall, I give Nuat Thai 3.8/5 points. I'm definitely cmoing back.

Next stop: Ramen Cool - Kapitolyo, Pasig

What captivated us were the bright lights and the cute glass wall designs. We ordered their bestseller, Nabeyaki ramen, and Shrimp and Eggs sushi for sharing. Each of us also bought solo orders of Gyudon, Chicken Teriyakidon, and Tonkatsu. I must say that their Nabeyaki ramen is the best ramen I have tasted so far and their Gyudon was not that bad. I was however quite disappointed because the restaurant did not use authentic Japanese rice. Nevertheless, the people were courteous, the food was good, and the conversation was awesome.

It's Christmas time at Ramen Cool! The Christmas tree is too cute!

 (clockwise from top left) Gyudon, Nabeyaki Ramen, Chicken Teriyakidon, Shrimp and Eggs

With my pretty friends Gwen and Luisa.
 Now for the YOLO part. My friends and I all agree that we are undergoing something that is popularly known as the "Quarter Life Crisis". Each of us discussed our own personal struggles in school, in work, in love, in our relationships, and in our own personal struggles to get to know ourselves better. There was a lot of laughing, some teary-eyed moments, some teasing, and a few gossiping involved. Last night's lesson indeed was Y.O.L.O. (You Only Live Once) and so we vowed to live each moment happily and to be more stress-free in the coming days. I am so glad to have very supportive friends who share the same sentiments that I have and who I know will be with me in my search to live a Jo(e)vial life. Y.O.L.O.!


2 comments:

  1. Like, from the prodigalshounn. Magrevive sad kos blogging beh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @shounn, thanks! :D Yep, let's make our blogging lives active na pud beh! :D Imy!

    ReplyDelete